June 22, 1914
Minister of Education of the Russian Empire signed a decree establishing Minsk Teachers Institute.
November 21, 1914
The grand opening of Minsk Teachers Institute took place. The ceremony was attended by Dmitrii A. Stepuro, Director of the Institute, Aleksei F. Girs, Governor of Minsk, Nikolai S. Chenykaev, Vice-governor of Minsk, Baron von RauschTraubenberg, Commander of Minsk Military District, bishop Mitrofan of Minsk and Turov and bishop Theophylact of Slutsk.
The All-Russian Teacher s Congress made a decision to transform Minsk Teachers Institute into a four-year institution of higher education.
Public educational institutions which provided training for teachers, pre-school and after-school workers were established after reforms of teacher s institutions. Minsk Teachers Institute changed its name to Minsk Institute of Public Education.
September 23, 1921
Minsk Institute of Public Education merged with the Faculty of Education at Belarusian State University.
Campuses of Belarusian State University were established. The Faculty of Education occupied four buildings, two libraries and a 300-student dormitory.
48 per cent of students attending the Faculty of Education lived at the dormitory. The average student s stipend amounted to 35 Soviet rubles.
July 28, 1931
The Council of People's Commissars of the BSSR made a decision to reorganise the Faculty of Education at Belarusian State University into Belarusian State Higher Pedagogical Institute.
Minsk State Pedagogical Institute got the name after the famous Soviet writer Maxim Gorky.
July 29, 1944
The Council of People's Commissars of the BSSR made a decision to resume the activities of Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after Maxim Gorky.
Minsk State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages was established from the Faculty of Foreign Languages at Minsk State Pedagogical Institute.
Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after Maxim Gorky was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labour for excellent teacher-training and academic performance.
Minsk Institute of Culture was established from the Faculty of Library at Minsk State Pedagogical Institute.
Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after Maxim Gorky was awarded the Honorary Diploma of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the BSSR.
September 8, 1993
Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after Maxim Gorky was reorganised into Belarusian State Pedagogical University (BSPU).
BSPU opened its museum.
BSPU became the only university in the Republic of Belarus which possessed a planetarium that demonstated an exact image of the starry sky.
1994 Alexander G. Lukashenko, President of the Republic of Belarus, held a solemn meeting with BSPU students and staff.
1995 BSPU got the name after the famous Belarusian poet Maxim Tank.
1997 BSPU was awarded the Honorary Order of the National Banner of the Republic of Belarus.
2004 Foucault's pendulum sanctified by Minsk and Slutsk Metropolitan Filaret, the Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus, was installed in the foyer of BSPU.
2007 BSPU became a member of the Eurasian Association of Universities.
2011 - Introduction to the Association of Belarusian State Pedagogical University Rectors of pedagogical universities in Europe.
October 2, 2014 - the opening of the sculpture "My first teacher".
October 2014 - held the first performance of the Anthem BSPU.
November 21, 2014 - Meeting of the President of the Republic of Belarus with students and teachers BSPU Day 100th anniversary of the university.
2015 - Belarusian State Pedagogical University became a member of the Network of universities of the Baltic Sea Region.
2015 - BSPU led training, research and innovation cluster continuous pedagogical education in the Republic of Belarus.
1 September 2016 - the establishment of Belarusian State Pedagogical University Institute of Psychology and Institute of Inclusive Education.
26 September 2016 - Opening of the Stadium BSPU after reconstruction.
September 30, 2016 - the opening of an art gallery in BSPU.
October 2016 - the creation of virtual exhibition history BSPU.
November 21, 2016 - the opening of the renewed exposure BSPU Museum, dedicated to the 102 th anniversary of the university.
January 2017 - for outstanding work in the humanitarian field, a significant contribution to the development and promotion of volunteerism among students team BSPU awarded Belarus "For Spiritual Revival" 2016 State Prize of the President of the Republic of Belarus.
February 2017, the UN / UNDP Office of the Republic of Belarus presented the University with a Certificate of Appreciation for socially significant activities in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and creating an inclusive society in Belarus.
June 2017 - BSPU them. M. Tanka is listed on the Republican Board of Honor for achieving the best indicators in the field of socio-economic development for 2017 among scientific organizations (Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated 06.06.2018 No. 255 “On entering on the Republican Board of Honor of the winners of the competition for 2017”)
October 2018 - The Council of Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the CIS BSPU named after M. Tank was given the status of the base organization of the CIS member states for the training, retraining and advanced training of teachers and specialists in the field of inclusive and special education.
March 25, 2019 - in accordance with Resolution No. 190 of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus, the Belarusian State Pedagogical University became a laureate of the competition for the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in the field of quality in 2018.